Donatella Versace is one of the fashion industry’s fiercest stars and the current VP and chief designer of the Versace Group. But perhaps her most ultra-glam creation is herself. So to give us all a peek inside of how she rose to the top of the renowned Italian fashion house, the alluring fashion guru released a book – Versace – chronicling her incredible career and the challenges she’s faced along the way.
The writers at Vogue caught up with her to outline what she believes are some of life’s most valuable lessons – because taking over the fashion world isn’t easy. Here are seven to always keep in mind!
- Fight to be heard and stay determined.
2. Stand up for your beliefs and morals.
3. Always strive to evolve if you want to succeed.
4. Stay true to yourself and trust your gut.
5. You have to be fearless in everything you do.
6. Family comes first.
7. Creativity isn’t just a solo effort – collaborate with your peers.