Got a craving for a tasty meal that’s both healthy and easy on your busy schedule? Look no further than a roasted zucchini flatbread with hummus, arugula, goat cheese, and almonds. This delicious appetizer is perfect for the home and get togethers with friends!
4 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch thick rounds (about 1 1/2 pounds)
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 round, pocketless whole-grain pita
1/3 cup prepared hummus
1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
2 cups baby arugula
1/4 cup chopped almonds
1 lemon, quartered, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the zucchini on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of salt on top. Mix well and spread to 1 layer.
- Roast until browned and tender, about 30 minutes, while stirring halfway through.
- Warm the pita on a grill or griddle until toasted, though still soft. Spread 1 heaping teaspoon of hummus on each piece.
- Top each piece with 1 tablespoon of crumbled goat cheese, 1/4 of the roasted zucchini, about 1/2 cup of baby arugula, and 1 tablespoon of coarsely chopped almonds.
- Serve with a lemon wedge and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen